This position works as part of a project team to implement quality standards across state
assessments. This may include developing automated test cases, writing and executing manual
test cases, and analyzing complex data. Responsibilities will also include working with other
SQA Analysts, completing documentation according to approved methodology, and coordinating and
participating in development and review meetings.
- 4 year technical college degree in MIS, Computer or Data Science, or similar technical
degree OR 2+ years experience software testing.
- Knowledge with a variety of quality assurance methods and tools including defect
management, test automation, load and performance testing.
- Perform root cause analysis on discrepancies or defects by reviewing the development code,
determine and/or categorize the root cause issues and make recommendations on or present
options for how to handle the issues or discrepancies.
- Interact with developers and end users to develop and execute test strategies for testing
of highly complex, high volume web testing initiatives. Participate in requirements and
design review meetings, actively representing SQE.
- Create, edit, and update test plans and test cases, ensuring complete test coverage, full
test documentation for all code to be tested, and appropriate use of test methodology.
Create trace matrices and/or flow graphs to support test plans and test cases.
- Design and write tests and test scripts utilizing complex data comparisons while designing
complex business test cases for validation of reporting and end-user data access.
- Highly motivated with strong analytical and technical skills along with the ability to work
both independently and collaboratively.
- Keeps up-to-date with current software quality assurance trends and technologies in order
to leverage SQA best practices and tools.
Knowledge of Scripting Ability to write and analyze queries
Essential Job Requirements
Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite Work under supervision and accept feedback Relate
effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups Consistently perform well during
times of increased workload Set and meet deadlines Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
Strong oral and written communications skills